Talk

Advanced search

Double trouble

(5 Posts)
bouncysmiley Wed 10-Apr-13 20:19:48

Anyone else sick of not being able to get holiday cottages with all double rooms for groups of couples to go away? We all have babies in cots and it's our main holiday so don't want to be the couple stuck with the twin so we're trying to get all doubles to be fair. Why don't cottage sites let you search on this criteria? I've been searching for days and keep finding the perfect cottage only to find that half the rooms are twins - I am going up the wall. Rant over.

mummymeister Wed 10-Apr-13 22:14:30

I have the opposite problem when trying to find places for girly weekends away. lovely places with 4 bedrooms but half are doubles meaning some of the girls have to take along their own duvets or sleeping bags. would you be happy to push the singles together? is it worth ringing your top places to see if they will do this? you find that the couples only resorts have them but they dont take children. where are you looking to go?

bouncysmiley Fri 12-Apr-13 22:20:37

We want 3 actual doubles to avoid one couple having to draw the short straw. If it was just a weekend away I wouldn't be arsed but it's our big holiday. We're not really bothered where it is - the accomodation is more important.

mummymeister Fri 12-Apr-13 22:23:51

best way to get this is to go for a cottage bigger than you need. so rather than a 3 bedroom one look for a 4 or 5 bedroom one (maybe even more). in this way you will get more doubles and find the 3 double beds that you need. it will be more expensive but if it is the most important bit of the holiday for you then has to be worth it. have a look at bigholidayhouse and groupaccommodation websites for large places like this.

gerbilsarefun Sun 14-Apr-13 19:17:10

We stayed here a few years ago. www.cottages4you.co.uk/cottages/isfryn-1223 and loved it (went back the next year). 3 double bedrooms plus one twin and one of the doubles has a single bed. The garden was completely enclosed so my then toddler could run around and not escape. The only neighbours were a field full of cows who were quite nosey, peering at us over the fence!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now