Cottage for 6 people around Cardigan, West Wales for August for under £800 pw?

(9 Posts)
chicaguapa Sun 06-Jan-13 10:26:22

I'm looking for somewhere to stay with 3 bedrooms for the August bank holiday week. Can anyone recommend anywhere please? We'll have cars so remote is ok and DC are 11 & 8 so it doesn't have to be baby friendly.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Jellykat Sun 06-Jan-13 23:09:10

All the places i know of are pricey especially peak season, however i'd recommend you have a search around St. Dogmaels (5 minutres drive) or Newport (20 minutes away, but a really beautiful beach).. If you find somewhere online and aren't sure, PM me and i can fill you in on the area its in etc (i live 10 mins out of Cardi)

chicaguapa Tue 08-Jan-13 20:11:58

Lovely thanks Jellycat. We're hoping to stay around Cardigan as it's in between New Quay, the national park and Oakwood (which we went to last year and loved!)

I think we'll be camping now anyway as it's a lot cheaper. We're looking at the Cardigan caravan site which is only about £15 a night. I fancied the cottage at £500 but camping's so much cheaper.

What a lovely part of the world you live in! There's so much to do around there, we were really taken with it.

Jellykat Tue 08-Jan-13 20:45:07

Oo If you're above Cardigan, i recommend a brilliant pizza place run by Fforest, all made by hand in a wood oven, it has a huge tepee if its raining, music, and a bar, and its on the river by the old bridge in Cardigan.. Very friendly, lots of kids lovely chilled atmosphere.. Pizzas are £7, its great!

I love it here, i'm very lucky smile
Do check out Newport beach too its stunning.. Enjoy your stay! smile

chicaguapa Wed 09-Jan-13 13:23:33

That pizza sounds absolutely up my street, so thank you for the recommendation. Is it for people who aren't staying there too? I looked at the website and it didn't mention it.

chicaguapa Wed 09-Jan-13 18:24:36

Found it now. Thanks. We'll definitely go there.

Jellykat Wed 09-Jan-13 19:04:39

Fforest camping/yurt place is in a different place from the Pizza place but run by the same people.. It runs through the summer only.

I will make a note and PM you directions/ opening times etc nearer the time smile

chicaguapa Wed 09-Jan-13 21:21:16

Would definitely be interested. Plus any other titbits nearer the time would be very welcome. Thank you!

Jellykat Wed 09-Jan-13 22:19:49

smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in