Talk

Advanced search

Need a 'nice' cheap holiday (do they exsist?)

(7 Posts)
kellyboo Tue 16-Oct-12 11:26:19

Hi Ladies
Im looking for a nice cheap holiday for next year has anyone got any reconmendations. Im not keen on caravans or camping. Iv just looked at Butlins but am shocked that it cost around £1700(half board) for a week!
Has anyone been to Butlns in Bognor?Can the adults relax too? Iv got to entertain 3 boys under7 .
Thanks

mummymeister Tue 16-Oct-12 14:06:32

how far do you want to travel? what sort of places do you want? i can find you cottages in cornwall and wales for half this but depends on what onsite entertainment you need for the boys.

bowyert1 Tue 16-Oct-12 14:08:49

Hi, the caravans are a good way to cut the cost and with Butlins you can still have half board even in a caravan. Have a look at the caravans at Minehead as can work out about half the cost. No caravans at Bognor.
There are lots of sites off google similar to mine which is www.holidaybutlins.com

shelsco Sat 20-Oct-12 23:30:41

Companies such as Hoseasons and Haven seem to have caravan parks and lodges all over the UK for much cheaper than £1700 for a week. It does depend on when you want to go and whether you mind self catering or not. we went to Scotland two years ago and it cost 6 of us £700 for a lodge which was lovely. I'm not much into caravans myself but the lodge was fine. Lots of the parks have swimming pool and events on for the kids and seem to be near the beach if that's the sort of thing you're looking for.

timetosmile Sat 20-Oct-12 23:35:18

Have a look at the Youth Hostel website YHA, very cheap for families, ensuite family rooms, stunning locations.
We have stayed in some 4* family oreintated ones and some 2* full of elderly male touring cyclist ones. But they have all been fab and characterful and we're going to go back and back and back....

kellyboo Sun 21-Oct-12 00:20:15

Thank you so much ladies for your advise

MultitaskerDG Mon 22-Oct-12 14:40:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now