Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where to stay outside london half-term as cant find anything central reasonable price

(8 Posts)
scaramanga Sun 14-Oct-12 23:13:54

Hello, I am trying to get us a family room for 2 or 3 nights at half-term but can't seem to get anything at a decent rate. Tried YHA - all booked up. Travelodge and Premier inn either booked up or prices sky high compared to other times.

Now thinking - Should I look further out and stay somewhere with good access to London - what about Windsor? I have never been there. Or can anybody else suggest somewhere that is not to far but better prices. Or maybe I have left it too late ??? TIA

janji Sun 14-Oct-12 23:33:18

We had a similar problem in the summer. We booked a hotel right next to Heathrow where there was a tube link only 2 minutes walk away. V good pricing and the kids loved watching the different planes flying in and out! Sound proofing was excellent so good nights sleep into the bargain!

happyhorse Mon 15-Oct-12 21:36:56

Try YHA in Cheshunt. It's next to the station and you can in central London in around 20 minutes

IvanaNap Mon 15-Oct-12 21:40:02

We stayed at a holiday inn at hemel hempsted and got a train into London - worked really well.

ohmeohmy Mon 15-Oct-12 21:43:05

If you stay at any of the hotels in Elstree or borehamwood you can be in London in 20 mins and it is still zone 6 so can get travelcard

GoldenPeppermintCreams Tue 16-Oct-12 12:07:57

Holiday Inn Bexley? Right next to the A2 and close to Dartford Bridge/M25 and a 10 minute walk to Bexley Station (within travelcard zone) which is 30 mins away from London. It's also over the road from Hall Place & Gardens which is worth a walk around if you are in the area.

scaramanga Tue 16-Oct-12 22:49:48

thanks for advice - will have a good look at suggestions. It is a shame as really wanted to be in the thick of things - might not be the same furhter out?? What is elstree/borehamwood area like? full of tv studios i would imagine??

ohmeohmy Thu 18-Oct-12 18:18:31

Elstree studios are there plus eastenders set. Basically from station there is high street with all the usual then a bit further down is premier inn, holiday inn and some others. Very easy to get to town on thameslink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now