Talk

Advanced search

UK break with 12 week old?

(8 Posts)
Cee3008 Mon 08-Oct-12 10:16:19

Thinking center parcs - worth it with such a little one?

Any other suggestions? It's our first child and desperate for a change of scenery but can't face flying just yet. We live in London so anywhere within a 2hr ish drive from there...?

BobbiFleckmann Mon 08-Oct-12 10:17:51

how rich are you feeling? if you want to chuck some money at the problem, a few nights at teh Grove or Calcott Manor are awesome with babies - amazing childcare facilities (full ofstead day nurseries for staff's children which hotel guests can use)

Cee3008 Mon 08-Oct-12 10:37:22

I don't really want to use a nursery but have more of a family holiday - walks, swimming, etc...? Although looking at Calcot... NICE!! grin

mummymeister Mon 08-Oct-12 15:11:41

imo centre parcs would be a bit of waste as there is not much a 12 week old can do and it would be difficult for you to do some things there. save it until dc is older. have you looked at wooley grange or moonfleet manor type places?

Ohhelpohnoitsa Mon 08-Oct-12 15:30:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gwenniebee Mon 08-Oct-12 15:31:56

I flew with a six week old a few weeks back and it really wasn't that bad (and I hate flying) - so don't rule it out smile

notyummy Mon 08-Oct-12 15:38:56

Would second Calcott, The Grove or somewhere like Luxury Family Hotels. At that age you want somewhere adults can relax and there is some provision for children- Centerparcs expensive unless children can take advantage of it all. Pool is nice as you can all use it. Ofsted nursery for a couple of hours can be great. Spa for a massage? Decent restaurant on site with baby listening? We went away when dd was about 16 weeks when we did the first proper break- Ickworth hotel. One of the luxury family hotel group and probably within 2 hours of London.

cestlavielife Wed 10-Oct-12 16:34:19

i got a good deal on this one once
www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/stngs-hanbury-manor-a-marriott-hotel-and-country-club/ nice gardens etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now