Talk

Advanced search

Haven-went swimming clothes covered in bleach

(11 Posts)
happierhigherstrongerwheezing Thu 27-Sep-12 12:39:48

Just come back from haven this weekend, caravan etc terrific.

We went swimming and the changing rooms smelt of bleach but thought not much of it as it's a swimming pool.

However unpacked clothes when we got home (we went home straight away after swimming) and found my sons underpants were bleached.

So far, my Boden top, a towel, baby trousers, son's top and socks all bleached.

I wonder what the best port of action is. I phoned Monday and was told I was to be put through to a manager but just some girl at the desk, who put me through to the pool manager who idn't answer.

Thinking this is not the best way to complain

What should I do complain or claim on insurance, things ruined amounts to nearly£100.

quoteunquote Thu 27-Sep-12 13:12:21

I would take photos, and write a letter/email to the customer service, they should pay, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

happierhigherstrongerwheezing Thu 27-Sep-12 14:25:47

Thanks.
Have take photos. Phoning not the way to go.

Labootin Thu 27-Sep-12 14:28:35

I absolutely LOVE the fact it was a Boden top.

Labootin Thu 27-Sep-12 14:29:19

if its a hotchpotch one they may have done you a favour.

ShatnersBassoon Thu 27-Sep-12 14:30:52

"However unpacked clothes when we got home (we went home straight away after swimming) and found my sons underpants were bleached."

I don't understand how you didn't get dressed into the damaged clothes after you came out of the pool. Were these spare clothes you'd taken into the changing room with you?

I think you'll struggle to make a claim, seeing as there's no proof that this happened in the changing room.

Still, email them photos etc.

happierhigherstrongerwheezing Thu 27-Sep-12 14:41:18

The underpants were spare ones.

When I went home and got everything to be washed I noticed first the underpants, then I went looking for the other bits, like the top I had on, baby's trousers, then I found the towel etc.
We were dressed in them, but you smell of bleach because it's a swimming pool.

Bleach takes a while to come out.

happierhigherstrongerwheezing Thu 27-Sep-12 14:42:50

Btw, baby and now me today haven't been well.

Startailoforangeandgold Thu 27-Sep-12 14:47:46

Yes you wouldn't notice you'd got bleach on things straight away, if it was spilt on changing benches at a pool.
I've wrecked leggings in the lab, with bleach solution I was quite happy to put my hands in.
You don't notice until its had time to work.

CaptainHetty Thu 27-Sep-12 14:50:18

I think you'd probably struggle to prove it happened in their changing rooms, but if you don't ask you'll never know!

happierhigherstrongerwheezing Thu 27-Sep-12 14:50:40

I think it might have been on the benches actually.
It has a look of it being splashed rather than all in one place.

It was straight after they opened after lunch too, so they could have used the bleach to clean.it's all a bit scary with that amount of bleach about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now