Talk

Advanced search

How long should this Tube journey take?

(11 Posts)
ChoccyJules Wed 19-Sep-12 17:31:37

So I have to get from Kings X to Holborn.

NatRail enquiries have given me 20 mins to do this and get there in good time, which means leaving home fairly early.

If I risk taking the later train to Kings X, could I make it to Holborn in the 16 mins between my train getting into Kings X and my meeting starting in Holborn?

TerrariaMum Wed 19-Sep-12 17:35:34

Depends on how close to Holborn your meeting is. King's X is on the Piccadilly line and there is only Russell Square between you and Holborn. So to the station itself, yes. To your meeting, depends where it is as I said.

Potol Wed 19-Sep-12 17:37:33

I doubt. You will have to switch from the train to the tube, which at a large station like Kings X could take upto 5 mins depending on the rush.

frankie4 Wed 19-Sep-12 17:39:36

It is only 2 stops , so the actual journey will be less than 10 mins but you have to factor in the walk at kings cross which could be 5-10 mins and also the walk at Holborn . It will take a few mins to exit the station, and how far is the office from the station. Also need to factor in that tube may not arrive straight away, you may have to wait 5 mins on the platform.

So I would definitely not leave less than 20 mins for journey. Better early than late....

LillianGish Wed 19-Sep-12 17:40:44

Barring delays on the Picadilly Line you will easily make the journey in 16 minutes. The question is how long it will take you to get from the tube to your meeting - unless of course your meeting is actually in the station!

suburbandream Wed 19-Sep-12 17:40:50

TFL journey planner is very good www.tfl.gov.uk/

notcitrus Wed 19-Sep-12 17:43:42

It can take a good 10 min to get from St Pancras platforms to a tube. KingsX isn't as bad but you would need to walk quickly, down escalators etc. Unless it's ok to be 5 min late, get the earlier train, esp if you will need to figure out where you're going.

ChoccyJules Wed 19-Sep-12 17:45:15

Ah yes, forgot to check the bit at the other end! The notes say 2min walk from Holborn Tube.

I think the early train is going to cause less stress, as most agree. Was just hoping to laze in bed a bit longer!

suburbandream Wed 19-Sep-12 17:57:03

If you are walking anywhere, check out Walkit London too, very good for times and directions!

lobsters Fri 12-Oct-12 14:02:44

Where in Holborn? I often do Kings X to Holborn for work and I tend to walk it, it takes 5 minutes longer at most, it's a long walk to the Picadilly Line platform. It's a lovely walk through Bloomsbury, past some interesting buildings and little independent shops and cafes

cestlavielife Fri 12-Oct-12 15:09:49

walking may be quicker and you wnot gt stuck on tube

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now