Another Haven thread- Lakeland or Craig Tara

(8 Posts)
AnotherTeacherMum Tue 07-Aug-12 11:01:57

Hi

I know there are other Haven threads but I am particularly interested in these two parks.

I am a holiday snob at heart but also am currently too poor to be one am not a holiday snob. Have been slightly scared off by the 'Jeremy Kyle clientelle' comments I have seen about some parks and thought this might not be the case at these two as they seem a bit more countryside-ish.

We once went to Pontins in Prestatyn when the dc were tiny-we were really hard up and saw a weekend adverrtised for £60. It was so awful we came home again the same day. I have been a bit scarred by this grin.

Although we might explore the area a bit we are generally looking to have fun and chill out with the dc who will be 6 and 4.

We are on a really tight budget next year and looking at the 4 day breaks in the school hols for around £250 -£300 so the likes of centreparcs hoeseasons are out.

Your feedback and experiences would be appreciated smile

OP’s posts: |
AnotherTeacherMum Tue 07-Aug-12 11:24:37

sorry meant to say they are the Lake District and Ayrshire.

TheLightPassenger Tue 07-Aug-12 14:29:04

You might be able to get a May bank holiday break within that budget at Hoseasons (Talacre Park is nice!)

AnotherTeacherMum Tue 07-Aug-12 15:10:12

Unfortunately we're tied to August because of work / study commitments- but have just been looking over the hoeseasons brochure online- its not as dear as I thought it would be.
Have you been to Talacre Park?
Thanks

yeahbaby Wed 08-Aug-12 22:53:37

We went to the Lakeland one last August. Really nice, decent pool, play area, along a coastal type walk. Nice local towns. Windermere is close for cheap boat trips. We enjoyed it.

wasuup3000 Thu 09-Aug-12 09:35:36

Lakeland - I think out of the 2, depends which is the nearest fuel wise as well for costs, for you. Craig Tara is OKish and a good base for travelling to the Scottish Cities.

AnotherTeacherMum Fri 10-Aug-12 17:06:56

So 2 votes for Lakeland, which is good as it is closest-we live near Liverpool. That looks promising smile

TheLightPassenger Fri 10-Aug-12 20:21:55

yes, have been to Talacre park, and it was noticeably better than Haven in terms of cleanliness, upkeep of caravans etc.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in