Week to myself in London

(8 Posts)
Sparklyboots Thu 28-Jun-12 13:20:18

Though I live here, I do quite like the bus tours <sheepish emoticon> and always take them with visiting friends. It's a good first day activity, then you can really think where you want to get off the next day (48 hour ticket). I slightly prefer the headphones than live versions but you have time for both on the ticket.

Sparklyboots Thu 28-Jun-12 13:18:32

You have to check out the Serpentine Pavillion (in Kensington Gardens) by Aiweiwei (sorry about that, spelling gods). You easily could do a morning walk through Hyde Park (though I think Ken Gardens is nicer), bring your lunch picked up from Selfridges or Harrods on the way, eat lunch at Pavillion, walk down past the Albert Hall and visit the Science Museum (they've got this brilliant orchestral installation, where basically you walk through the orchestra as they are playing the planets). Then either stay at SM or pop next door to Natural History, or over road to V&A (depending on your bent) though tea at the V&A with the piano player is tres civilised. Then walk back to in town from South Ken and go to the ICA for a screening, talk or show in the evening, topping off with a walk along the river when you get out.

IdontknowwhyIcare Thu 28-Jun-12 13:06:10

Ok I'm in London whilst ds is working at the house of commons on an internship. We are staying in Waterloo. We have tickets for yes minister one night, mock the week another night. Don't want to spend a real fortune but happy enough to pay for one off experiences. Love libraries, museums. I guess what I want to know is if there is anything special and unusual that I must miss out on. I'm a great lover of memories, as in "oh mythical grandchildren, I must tell you about when I did this ........". Sadly I think I will have missed the Olympic flame.

OP’s posts: |
Ragwort Wed 27-Jun-12 14:49:20

Lurking ........... as I will have three days in London later this summer.

I have already planned National Portrait Gallery, walking in Hyde Park, John Lewis (inc. Food Hall) grin.

Run out of ideas .............

justonemorethread Wed 27-Jun-12 14:47:32

Give us an idea of what you like? Art, music, theatre, shopping, ballet etc...?
Cheap, medium or luxury budget?

FaceCrack Wed 27-Jun-12 14:46:59

Where will you be staying?
Budget?
Weekend too?

envyenvyenvyenvyenvy

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 27-Jun-12 14:46:37

envy

whereabouts will you be based?

Advertisement

IdontknowwhyIcare Wed 27-Jun-12 14:44:40

Ok, I am so overwhelmed by the thought of a week in London by myself that I cant even begin to plan. There is just so much to choose from. Can anyone suggest any must must must do's including restaurants, unique shops, museums, parks etc. And its next week so no opportunity to see the Olympics.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in