Cheap family festival in North East.... does it exist?

(7 Posts)
mumblecrumble Fri 08-Jun-12 17:50:24

Hi,

DH is really keen to go to a festival. Neither of us have been to any festival before (apart from being very involved in Edinburgh festivals)...

Anyway..... really really keen to find a festival to tell DH cabout for fathers day. For him and also cos I think DD aged 4 and I would love it too. DD is at school so would need to be weekend/holiday.... Been made redundant so not too expensive/free..... We live in NE England but have friend we could stay with in London/Hitchin/Chester/Edinburgh.... we love music, books, drama, crafts, film etc etc

Any tips or places to look would be brilliant, thanks

OP’s posts: |
mumblecrumble Fri 08-Jun-12 18:59:22

self bump

hackneyzoo Fri 08-Jun-12 19:32:06

I will be watching htis thread as have moved from London to the NE and would love to find a family festival to go to up here.

I found this guide to festival in the uk and there are a few in the NE listed.

If you don't mind travelling south then Latitude is brilliant and not just about music, but lots of literature, drama, comedy etc. I think it happens at the start of the school holidays.

I have also been to Green man festival near Brecon in Wales. It is th emost beautiful setting for a festival and really family friendly, my kids loved it, even in the rain. This one falls in the school holidays but is a trek to get to.

Lilyloo Fri 08-Jun-12 19:39:05

We have just booked 'the deershed' festival in Yorkshire for 2 adults and 3 dc. We also did the Wilderness festival , Cornbury park in Oxfordshire last year that was great.

mumblecrumble Fri 08-Jun-12 20:05:07

woohoo just booked a day ticket for the sunday of the willowman festvial. result smile

mumblecrumble Fri 08-Jun-12 20:06:57

Cool. yes, more festival ideas would be great.

Fancied the willolwman but we don;t really have camping experience... then realissed it was like half an hour away from us! Friday and sat tickets are 30 but sunday is cheaper at £15 as you can;t stay till 2 in hte monring ...which is fine for us smile Well chuffed.

nevertoooldforindie Tue 12-Jun-12 20:15:15

Solfest is a fantastic little festival but its in the NW not NE but not too far away check it out on the internet solwayfestival.co.uk. Its a good intro festival

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in