Westfield shopping centre?

(7 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sun 26-Feb-12 19:36:45

I've got an afternoon to kill in London next month and was thinking about going to Westfield. I'd got a route from The royal academy to Westfield planned out ( going to David Hockney exhibition in the morning) but then I read a review and it talked about different west fields. I think I was planning to o to the wrong one.

It's the big new one at Stratford I wanted. I've looked at a tube map and there is more than one Stratford tube station, which one do I need? How long will it take to get from pica dilly to it? It looks some distance out.

I'm having second thoughts now, maybe something more central like the British museum might be a better idea, or Oxford st.

OP’s posts: |
MayasPapaya Sun 26-Feb-12 20:47:40

You're better off going to Westfield in Shepherd's Bush, than Stratford. You can walk to Bond Street tube from the Royal Academy and then Central Line to Shepherd's Bush, should take an hour tops.

If it was me, I'd just go to Oxford Street, it's a 10 min walk.

Where do you have to end up at the end of the afternoon?

VivaLeBeaver Sun 26-Feb-12 20:52:25

Thanks, it was Shepherds Bush the first one I'd planned to go to - hadn't realised it would take an hour though. Even that sounds a bit far out.

We've got tickets for David Hockney at 10:30 and need to be back at King's Cross for 18:30. Think maybe we'll go to Covent Garden instead!

ifancyashandy Sun 26-Feb-12 20:57:46

Oxford Circus to Shepherds Bush is about 15mins on the Central line. Westfield is about 30 secs from station.

ifancyashandy Sun 26-Feb-12 20:59:02

Meant Bond Street.

MayasPapaya Sun 26-Feb-12 21:04:57

Or the bus to Kensington High Street? Lots of shops/cafes/bars and a nice park if the weather's nice.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 26-Feb-12 21:15:56

We "did" Kensington hgh st, park, museums last year.

But 15mins sounds better! Think will give shepherds bush Westfield a go, dd is keen. grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in