Small Hotel/b&b in Scotland recommendations???? for budget honeymoon.

(6 Posts)
byanymeans Tue 21-Feb-12 20:12:51

I'm looking for any recommendations for a nice hotel/B&B in Scotland to spend our planned elopement/honey moon next year.
In my head I have a idea a nice family run small B&B. Rather then a big expensive hotel but it is not easy to find such a place on the internet. So any recommendations would really help. thanks

OP’s posts: |
nannyl Tue 21-Feb-12 21:45:55

I have stayed here cluny view in Forres near Inverness

id highly recommend it.
small, friendly, and very yummy breakfast

lilywhitelilleth Tue 21-Feb-12 22:47:35

Have been to a nice b and b in Galashiels called craigielea,very friendly.The area is lovely,near to Melrose which is very pretty,not too far for a day in Edinburgh

Jacaqueen Wed 22-Feb-12 14:22:17

Just back from The Murraypark Hotel in Crieff. Lovely food and cosy bar with woodburner. You also get to use the pool and spa facilities at Crieff Hydro. The Hydro itself is big, noisy and full of children but the spa is nice.

Would also recommend Fortingal Hotel and Monachyle Mhor. Fairly pricey but worth it for a couple of nights.

CountessOlenska Wed 22-Feb-12 14:25:02

Yanns in Crieff too! Luxe B&B with delicious food- run by a husband snd wife; he is French.

molschambers Wed 22-Feb-12 14:34:53

Whereabouts are you heading? West coast - Plockton/Applecross is stunning. Never stayed in a B&B there so no recommendations but imo prettiest bit of Scotland.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in