Talk

Advanced search

Legoland - do you have to prove you are 6+ for the rides

(13 Posts)
scotgirl Thu 13-Oct-11 22:25:58

Going next week and my DS1 is 5.5. He is tall - the size of a 6/7 year old (wears M&S age7)

Looking on the map, I can see that some rides are 6+. Is he going to get interrogated when he tried to get on them (he can't lie - he will say he is 5). Surely 6+ is so arbitrary anyway - is it a sense thing, is it a height thing??

I bitterly remember not being old enough to go on the driving track at the Denmark legoland when I was little and being very pissed off - this was over 30 years ago!!!

Also - is there a "best" order to do the park.

scotgirl Thu 13-Oct-11 22:26:53

It is our half term next week btw - we're not bunking off!

mummymeister Thu 13-Oct-11 22:44:10

Theme parks are ultra vigilant nowadays - public liability insurance is an horrendous cost and they have to keep to the rules of the ride . we have been to legoland and quite a bit is based on height as well but they shouldnt be a problem. its to do with sense really as you say so that kids know when to stay sat down. i would have thought for your own peace of mind that you would have kept to the rules. What if he does stand up or have an accident? Sorry i am probably just one of those boring people who can see why rules are there and keep to them. does set a bit of a precedent for later on if you are happy to lie about his age now though! i'll stand back now and wait for the flames!!

ASuitableGirl Thu 13-Oct-11 22:47:32

DS and I went to Legoland when he was 5. I can remember a driving school ride being 6+ but not any of the roller coaster type ones - they were all by height. Although we did go a couple of years ago so it may have changed.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Thu 13-Oct-11 22:50:56

when we went this summer, they took the children to one side and asked them directly how old they were.

most of them (as has been said) is about height, and they are strict about that!

chickydoo Thu 13-Oct-11 22:55:05

we went and told my son if he wanted a go on the driving school he would have to tell them he was 6 (he was 5 at the time)
Little darling looked at the man in charge and said " my Mummy told me to say I am 6, but I am really 5" They still let him on though.

scotgirl Thu 13-Oct-11 22:58:19

I'm not happy for him to lie about his age - he is 5 and will say he is 5. It is just that he in no way looks 5 - most people think he is much older. He is sensible too. You are right though - I would worry about him hurting himself and now I know that he will probably be asked his age we will just tell him no.

Height should be not problem! Just have to manage DS3.5 expectations now!

ASuitableGirl Thu 13-Oct-11 23:01:10

DS went on the younger driving school - I can't remember whether we did consider telling a lie or not but looking on the website it does talk about needing proof of age, so I imagine I wouldn't have considered lying.

Hope you have a great time - DS and I loved it and one day will go back (he's nearly 8 now so could definitely go on the driving school smile)

bigscarymum Thu 13-Oct-11 23:24:39

It's only the driving school which has an age limit. Rush down the the furthest away rides when you get there to avoid the queues brake waterproofs for the wet rides and dry clothes if it a warmish day so the kids can play in the water park. Get Blue Peter badges so the kids can go in free - probably too late for that, but do not pay full price, whatever you do. Take a picnic unless you want to spend a fortune on rubbish. They will love it.

Willabywallaby Sun 16-Oct-11 13:15:36

We're planning to go in half term, any other tips gratefully received.

mummymeister Sun 16-Oct-11 16:12:14

Wrap up warm. take plenty of plastic tubs with snacks in and drinks ( flask of hot chocolate can be quite a good idea) spare clothes in your car and you will have a great time. the viking ride is wet so be warned!

scotgirl Sun 16-Oct-11 19:18:40

Thanks for all the tips - great excitement in our house at this week's pending trip! Hope it is not too busy - have a very whinny 3 year old too!

spottypancake Sun 16-Oct-11 19:20:41

We went this summer and both kids (a 5yo who looks 7yo and a 3yo who looks 4yo) were asked their ages directly - parents not allowed to answer.

I think very little at all is 6+. I don't remember having any problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now