Talk

Advanced search

Half way between Poole and Holmfirth

(4 Posts)
Willabywallaby Mon 10-Oct-11 17:19:40

Hi,

We have a Christening to go to in Holmfirth at the end of November and plan to stay a couple of hours from home (Poole) on the Friday night, do something on the Saturday with our boys (6 and 3) then do the rest of the journey to near the venue to stay on the Saturday night.

Any ideas on where to stay and what we could do greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ChippyMinton Mon 10-Oct-11 18:44:47

Friday night traffic is invariably awful, so it might take 2 hours to get to the M3!

Maybe head for Oxford? There's a few travelodges and the like on the ring road if you want budget options.
Do a search for Oxford days out on here - Pitt Rivers Museum is a favourite, followed by ice cream or lunch on Little Clarendon Street.

bulby Mon 10-Oct-11 18:53:25

Oh I thought I was finally going to recommend things up my way! Get yourself up to Holmfirth early on the Saturday, when else will you get the opportunity to shuffle around with the old dears looking at gift shops and taking the 'last of the summer wine' tour smile? oh yes it all happens in Holmfirth!

Willabywallaby Wed 12-Oct-11 13:51:18

So hotels booked. Travelodge at Towcester for the Friday night. Would be interested in places half way between there and Holfirth.

Thanks bulby but not sure I'm a big enough Summer Wine fan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now