Talk

Advanced search

Ilfracombe, staying in Watermouth castle - any experiences?

(3 Posts)
Novstar Wed 05-Oct-11 17:10:44

I thought my kids might enjoy staying in a castle in an amusement park. Has anyone done it and did you like it? Not sure if I like the idea of apartments as opposed to a cottage.

I have never been to north Devon, are there as many things to do as in south Devon (to which we've been several times and love)?

glitch Wed 05-Oct-11 17:41:27

We stayed there about 8 years ago. The park itself is rather odd and a bit dated but OK if you like quirky things. It is probably best suited to younger children. The Coombe Martin Wildlife Park is up the road which again is rather unusual but we had a good day out there.

I wasn't mad about the local area and, from memory, it was quite hard to find anywhere decent to eat. For beaches we travelled to Woolacombe and Croyde and if we went back to the area we would stay nearer these (but then we do like going to the beach most of the time when on holiday).

What do you like to get from a holiday? Have you thought about North Cornwall?

Novstar Wed 05-Oct-11 20:53:22

Thanks. We have been to Bude and it was lovely but it took 9 hours from London (admittedly with 3 breaks, on a Saturday in August). But then Ilfracombe probably isn't that far off that, either...
Beaches are not a priority for us, but I did think north Devon might be less crowded than Cornwall or south Devon in the high season?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now