Talk

Advanced search

Equipment to hire for toddler

(2 Posts)
mobilis Tue 27-Sep-11 14:07:33

I'm visiting my mother in the UK (Horsham) in December. My son will be about 18 months and I'd prefer to hire a car seat, travel cot, buggy, etc rather than lugging it all over on the plane with me. Any recommendations?

Another thing - I have my son rear-facing (his seats are rear-facing to 18kg) and he's happy that way, but I don't want to open a can of worms by hiring a forward-facing seat. All the rental companies only seem to have forward-facing seats - are rear-facing seats readily available?

An0therName Mon 03-Oct-11 12:57:11

hi- re travel cot - I would recommend your mum either buys one 2nd hand - suggest an NCT nearly new sale or ebay -or even freecycle as there are loads around in very good condition
or borrows one from someone - my mum did that

Buggy - I would bring yours - or maybe buy a lightweight stroller as it is very useful in the airport- can leave at the gate - and will be free to take -

Car seat - I would suggest posting on the rear facing car seat section as someone may know a way round

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now