Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Serviced Appartments in Manchester for a weekend

(5 Posts)
GlaikitFizzog Mon 26-Sep-11 19:50:26

Looking ofr any recommendations for accomodation in Manchester for a weekend in November. There will be 4 adults and 1 baby. ideally near Old Trafford/Salford quays. I've googled and there are plenty available but just wondered if anyone could give a personal recommendation!

TIA grin

GlaikitFizzog Tue 27-Sep-11 22:30:45

Anyone?

tiokiko Tue 27-Sep-11 23:00:52

Not beside Old Trafford but I'd recommend The Place (Ducie St near Piccadilly).

We stay there 3 or 4 times a year and it's pretty good - have gone as a couple but have taken DD since she was 10w and it's worked well.

Be aware that lots of apts mainly cater to groups/stag/hens and can be really noisy - have always found The Place good from that POV. Also like that it's more like a hotel than other places so there is a proper 24hr reception and security, room service, bar etc.

Unless you are going when Man U are playing at home you can usually negotiate a good deal. Definitely recommend getting a deluxe 2bed apt if there are 4+1 so you have more living space, standard 2 beds can be small.

tiokiko Tue 27-Sep-11 23:02:47

Forgot to say - it's a good location too, Cafe Nero 1 min walk away plus Piccadilly Station about 3 mins walk with M&S food. Only 10 mins drive max to Salford Quays.

alwaysrunninginheels Fri 07-Oct-11 16:04:50

I went with the kids to manchester last oct and used "staymanchester". Really couldn't fault it. They had various sites. Worth a look as we ended up paying £65 a night for a 2 bed 2 bathroom place that was really good. Then did "staydublin" as it had been such a success!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now