Talk

Advanced search

cost of Ferries to the isle of wight..

(15 Posts)
hels71 Sun 18-Sep-11 16:37:50

Hi there
I wondered if anyone had any idea of the cost of ferries to the isle of wight. We are considering going next Easter for 7 days either the first or second week in April, one car two grown ups and a child. When I go the ferrry websites the only way it will give me any info is if I put in travel details...and it won't let me do that for next April! (Unless I am just looking in the wrong place!!!)

Anyway, all I was wanting is an approximate cost.......I know it will be more expensive than this year!!!!

Anyone have any idease???

Thanks.

cat64 Sun 18-Sep-11 16:43:06

Message withdrawn

shineypenny Sun 18-Sep-11 16:46:17

Isle of Wight ferries

shineypenny Sun 18-Sep-11 16:50:13

Oops, just read your post properly blush
Why don't you just put this week's dates in to get an approximate figure?
We went this summer, but the ferry was included in the price of our holiday, so I don't know how much it was - but I would guess about £100ish return. The price is per vehicle and we went on Wightlink from Lymington to Yarmouth.
I can recommend a very good self catering park if you like.

cat64 Sun 18-Sep-11 16:50:47

Message withdrawn

cat64 Sun 18-Sep-11 16:51:12

Message withdrawn

cece Sun 18-Sep-11 17:15:36

have you phoned them, plus your accommodation often will give you some sort of dscount on the ferry. i used my tesco vouchers last time i went..

lynniep Sun 18-Sep-11 17:23:09

we went in June this year and paid about 60 quid with redfunnel (12 day trip, 1 car, 2 bikes on the back) we also got a good deal as it was nationalferry fortnight so we upgraded to get priority boarding (and a food voucher, but I recommend pack lunches anyway - and its only an hour crossing)

yes residents get cheaper crossings, so you can often get a discount through accomodation, although I didnt find that the price they gave me was cheaper.

lynniep Sun 18-Sep-11 17:23:49

oh and the price is VASTLY different depending on time of day. you can get mega cheap crossings if you travel at 11pm!!

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Sun 18-Sep-11 17:24:23

It varies depending on whether you choose a 'popular' crossing.

I went on a friday on Red Funnel on a 3oclock and it was £33, the 2oclock was £39.
XH went over during Cowes week and I believe he paid about £60(ish) each way.

Sorry probably not much help!

NoCarbsBeforeMarbs Sun 18-Sep-11 17:25:57

Sorry xposted lynniep grin

hels71 Mon 19-Sep-11 15:48:43

Thanks for the help. We are just thinking about it all at the moment...trying to see how much the ferry would add to the cost of the hol!
Shineypenny..I would love to hear your reccomendation of self catering! We are still researching where to go!
Not sure I will be crossing at 11pm though!!!

lisad123 Mon 19-Sep-11 15:53:57

Ours was £21 and £28 but it depends on time of day and what day grin

Lizcat Tue 20-Sep-11 13:56:18

Firstly the link provided is to an agent who adds a fee on to the ferry crossing cost you need to book direct with either wightlink or Red Funnel, both are like low cost airlines there are so many tickets at each price level so the sooner you book the cheaper it is generally tickets are avaliable about 6 months in advance, I would expect Easter to be avaliable in November. If you are booking accomodation through an agent they can often get really good deals on crossings at peak times as both Red Funnel and Wightlink do sell tickets cheaper to them.

cat64 Tue 20-Sep-11 19:00:45

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now