Talk

Advanced search

Cheap accommodation in Newquay at the end of July - is it possible?

(5 Posts)
WomblingUpsideDown Wed 14-Sep-11 21:20:43

Does any know where I might look to find some cheap place to stay in Newquay? I need to be there on the 27th/28th July next year. Dh, myself, ds (6) and ds (4).

countydurhamlass Wed 14-Sep-11 21:42:14

what kind of accommodation? if you are ok with holiday park caravans try parkdean - they are alot cheaper than butlins etc and not as over the top.

WomblingUpsideDown Wed 14-Sep-11 21:52:38

Thanks Countyduramlass. I've just looked that up, but unfortunately it needs to be actually in Newquay itself rather than a few miles out.

WomblingUpsideDown Thu 15-Sep-11 20:39:36

A very selfish 'bump'.

mummymeister Thu 15-Sep-11 21:09:17

as it is school hols everyone will be looking to book for a week and at school hol prices self catering will be around £6-700. if you just want a couple of nights then try the local tourist board - visitcornwall.com all the places on there have been inspected so at least you know you arent going to get somewhere horrible. if you want the cheapest of the cheap then surf shacks in bunk rooms but they are pretty horrible and not family friendly it has to be said. A lot of the bed and breakfasts have been turned into these. we went into New quay for the day in the summer. just came away asking why when the rest of cornwall is so lovely. there is the Headland Hotel of course which has a fab location. but not sure of your budget. they have family rooms though. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now