Talk

Advanced search

Restaurants at Centre Parcs

(9 Posts)
GruffalosGirl Tue 13-Sep-11 14:49:41

We're off to Sherwood Forest in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping to book a restaurant for the last night.

Does anyone know if Cafe Rouge has any kind of play area? Are any of the restaurants particularly good/bad? We have a 2 1/2 yr old and six month old BLW

Debs75 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:53:18

When we went to centreparcs our dd's wee the same age and they did really well with the food.
We went to windell forest but I can't remember any play areas in the restaurants themselves, could be different at sherwood forest. One restaurant was an american type one with an all you can eat buffet for the kids. It had curry, pasta, chicken nuggets, salad, veggies, rice and chips so the girls ate very well, and pretty cheaply.
On the whole though we found the food prices expensive for us but not ridiculous.
Hope you have a good time

Pootles2010 Tue 13-Sep-11 14:54:02

Erm... Yes i think cafe rouge does. I THINK. Cafe Rouge is the best of the bunch i think, in terms of food-wise. Probably Hucks is best for play areas, although your children may be a bit young, it's a gigantic ball pool type thing. Food wise, it's v expensive for what you get really - pretty typical American-type food - all fries and steaks and burgers (although good burgers iywim).

I think Cafe Rouge has a small play area, probably best suited to toddlers.

They do do baby food in most places, but as you're doing blw that'll be pretty pointless for you!

GruffalosGirl Tue 13-Sep-11 15:02:49

Thanks, we were looking for somewhere we can get veg for the baby to chew on so thought cafe rouge would be good, or forresters, but that seems a bit of a trek away.

Pootles2010 Tue 13-Sep-11 15:30:38

Actually that buffet at huck's might be good, I'd forgotten about that! Although i've just looked at their menus page, it doesn't look like it has much in the way of veggies. See here.

Voidka Tue 13-Sep-11 16:30:03

Hucks is good but the soft play is quite rough and may not be good for your children.

We like the Pancake house too, and there is one thats far out of the main village at the other side of the lake which I cant remember the name of, but thats nice too, although again its expensive.

cera1980 Tue 13-Sep-11 16:32:51

We found Hucks was quite good, the DC all enjoyed the buffet (there was veg available but not a huge amount of it) and the play area was bigger than the others.

We've been to CP a fair few times and have never bothered to book a restaurant in advance though, we've just turned up smile

GruffalosGirl Tue 13-Sep-11 19:50:22

Thanks, I'll have a look at those menu's, the pancake house sounds good. I was worried if we didn't book it would be really busy as it's the last night.

bringinghomethebaguette Sat 22-Oct-11 21:56:40

You'll be fine to have a look around and book when you get there. It won't get booked up before you arrive, just book on the second day or so. I didn't think cafe rouge had a play area in Sherwood, Strada has a little one for babies and young kids that might be good for your age kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now