Talk

Advanced search

What to take to Devon Cliffs? Any advice welcome.

(6 Posts)
somethingkindaoooh Thu 08-Sep-11 12:23:40

DH, DS age 3 1/2 and I are heading off on our first 'Sun' holiday in a couple of weeks to Devon Cliffs and I am trying to organise what we will need to take with us. DH and I have never stayed in a caravan before so am not really sure what to expect. Bearing in mind that I am pregnant (will be 35wks by then) and that we are staying in a bog standard caravan (cant afford to upgradesad ) can anyone offer any advice as to what we will need to take with us? Thanks smile

DOLLYDAYDREAMER Sat 10-Sep-11 15:07:55

HI - JUST SEEN YOUR QUERY - AS AN EXPERIENCED CARAVAN RENTER WITH OUR OWN WE USE FREQUENTLY & ALL YEAR ROUND - CANT SPEAK PERSONALLY FOR DEVON CLIFFS BUT GENERAL ADVICE. AS ITS A SUN BARGAIN HOLIDAY WILL PROBABLY BE A BASIC MODEL CARAVAN SO VERY LITTLE IN THE WAY OF HEATING, PROBABLY ONLY A FIRE IN THE LOUNGE. SO TAKE PLENTY OF WARM CLOTHS, ESPECIALLY FOR NIGHT TIME INC BEDSOCKS. EXTRA THROWS FOR THE BEDS, ETC. ALSO SOMETHING TO KEEP YOURSELVES AMUSED IF THE WEATHER IS NOT THAT GOOD, BOOKS PUZZLES, PORTABLE DVD PLAYER ? IF YOU ARE ON A TIGHT BUDGET YOU WONT BE GOING OUT TO THE CLUB EVERY NIGHT. CARAVAN SHOULD INCLUDE A SELECTION OF ESSENTIAL ITEMS CROCKERY, CUTLERY, POTS ETC. JUST A NOTE FOR THE FUTURE IF YOU DECIDE YOU WANT TO GO AGAIN - LOOK AROUND ON THE INTERNET FOR DIRECT HOLIDAY HOMES TO RENT BECAUSE OUTSIDE OF THE SCHOOL HOLIDAY WEEKS YOU CAN GET A BARGAIN PRICE ON SOME LUXURY ( IE DOUBLE GLAZED & CENTRAL HEATED)PRIVATELY OWNED CARAVANS ON SMALER BUT STILL 5 STAR SITES

Tota1Xaos Sat 10-Sep-11 18:35:51

I've done the sun offer a few years ago at Devon Cliffs, I'd say take toilet roll, washing up brush, washing up liquid, teatowels and bath towels. if you are in a car, I'ld recommend your own bedlinen. For eating out, Exmouth town is cheaper than the more rural pubs.

Tota1Xaos Sat 10-Sep-11 18:37:19

oh and take soap/shower gel shampoo. The swimming pool is v nice btw so you might want to take swimming things.

happywheezer Thu 15-Sep-11 14:12:34

I'd take a heater. It will be cold in a caravan- in the bedrooms in sept/october.

NotInTheMood Sun 18-Sep-11 12:47:17

Devon Cliffs is lovely and when ever I've been on a Sun holiday out of season I've been very lucky and have been upgraded with central heating especially if you have small children. If there are any problems or you find the caravan too cold then id definitely make a complaint as they may well upgrade you for free if they haven't already. I found the Caravan's lovely and clean but I always take detol, toilet rolls, dish cloth, and a can opener and maybe decent knife as they always seem blunt, blankets and lots of layers. I would thoroughly recommend 'World of country life' which is a theme/animal farm just outside the park. And also if you do get stuck for anything there is a Tesco not too far away maybe a 10 min drive where you could always stock up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now