Talk

Advanced search

Babymoon Advice

(9 Posts)
Jbesw Sun 04-Sep-11 19:18:22

I am looking to surprise my wife with a weekend (babymoon) break in the uk. The locations that are of interest are, Birmingham, Cotswolds, East Wales etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Tanks in advance, Joe

ilovedjasondonovan Sun 04-Sep-11 19:20:50

whats a babymoon?

rushofbloodtothefeet Sun 04-Sep-11 19:21:59

I'd give the tanks a miss ...

pointydog Sun 04-Sep-11 19:33:20

babymoon? Vom.

TheHouseofMirth Sun 04-Sep-11 21:07:58

I am assuming you mean a weekend away before the baby is due?

Birmingham hardly strikes me as a luxury destination but what about Bath? I think you need a really fab hotel with amazing food and perhaps a spa attached and somewhere she can do a little light shopping. this would be perfect or have a look here

Seepage Sun 04-Sep-11 21:10:28

Isn't a babymoon the month or so you hunker down at home and lock out the outside world/interfering in-laws, AFTER the baby arrives? Otherwise known as the fourth trimester?

Seepage Sun 04-Sep-11 21:11:26

Or if you're after a shagfest/nice weekend away sans children I'd go to Cardiff, Brighton or Bath.

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 04-Sep-11 21:16:51

I'm not entirely sure what a babymoon is either but it sounds very nice smile

Assuming its somewhere before the baby is due, then I would really recommend here. Fantastic location, beautiful hotel, great food and a lovely spa

Malmaison & Hotel Du Vin in Birmingham are probably the nicest hotels imo. I personally prefer HdV as a hotel but the location of Malmaison is nicer.

St Davids hotel in Cardiff is also lovely

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 04-Sep-11 21:18:15

Alternatively, if it is a "post" baby break, then I'd probably go here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now