Talk

Advanced search

Dirty weekend

(13 Posts)
soniaweir Fri 02-Sep-11 19:42:56

Dh and I would like to go away for 2 nights without the kids. We want to go somewhere in Surrey so we don't have to travel far. We are looking for somewhere like a country house hotel that does good food. Not bothered about spa butvwe wantvtovgo for a big walk! Can anyone recommend somewhere that is not too corporate and with real character?

Thanks all !

azazello Fri 02-Sep-11 22:32:50

I'm jealous! I'd have a look at the Mr and Mrs Smith website. They don't have anything in Surrey but have some nice places in Hampshire / Berkshire / London etc like this

mummymeister Fri 02-Sep-11 23:13:50

have a look at awaywithoutthekids website. havent used it myself but friends who have say it is good.

soniaweir Tue 06-Sep-11 16:53:57

we are now thinking of hotel du vin in tunbridge wells - anyone stayed there? we want to be near the country though - anyone got any experience of any nice walks round there?

MadameCastafiore Tue 06-Sep-11 16:55:44

We are going to a place called 'The Pig' in the new forest - is apparently fab - was in the Times 15 coolest places to go in the UK for a weekend away.

soniaweir Tue 06-Sep-11 20:12:08

We drove past that recently and ir does looks fab! Have a great time.

midnightexpress Tue 06-Sep-11 20:17:11

Nah nah nah. This is where you really want to go for a dirty weekend.

Or I do, at least.

midnightexpress Tue 06-Sep-11 20:17:29

Though I realise it is not really handy for Surrey.

sailorsgal Wed 07-Sep-11 10:57:58

madamecastifore I would love to know what "The Pig" is like. We are hoping to go to the Limewood soon which is the bigger sister hotel I think.

sailorsgal Wed 07-Sep-11 10:59:29

madamecastafiore sorry for the spelling error. blush

soniaweir Wed 07-Sep-11 17:08:20

midnight express - we have been there! it was amazing. we went a couple of augusts ago and it was fantastic weather, we sat out and had lunch and then went for a lovely walk and saw red deer. would love to go again!

where is the pigs sister hotel?

midnightexpress Wed 07-Sep-11 20:18:21

envy

I'm particularly loving the look of the Lovestruck myself. Rinky dink.

We're often up near there, but have never got over the threshold of the hotel. Friends have told me it's gorgeous though.

sailorsgal Wed 07-Sep-11 20:23:06

here New Forest, Hampshire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now