Talk

Advanced search

Dorset B&B recommendations please!

(9 Posts)

We have to go to the Portland/Weymouth area in later September and we were going to camp it out to save money, but as I will be about 24 weeks pregnant by then we've decided to 'splurge' on a B&B and make a Bridget Jones style mini-break of it!

So - any recommendations? I've listed the things we like in a B&B below if you need criteria to recommend on and since we're spending the money it'd be nice to have somewhere nice to stay, but it depends on the price as to whether we go for one or two nights, so the cheaper the better as far as that goes.

- Good food
- Clean
- Decent sized bed, esp with the bump! (nice bedding a bonus)
- Open fire a definite bonus since it'll be Autumn
- Attractive/atmospheric buiding always nice, but not essential
- Peaceful surroundings - a view (sea or otherwise) would be amazing, but I'm realistic here. Sea view places are expensive!
- Not too far from Portland/Weymouth as we need to be there early in the morning!
- Friendly hosts/staff always nice, but willing to compromise if the service is good!

So come on MN - I have faith!

Anyone...?

sailorsgal Thu 01-Sep-11 14:57:37

[www.yalburycottage.com here]] is lovely. Would take about 25 mins to Weymouth or less.

sailorsgal Thu 01-Sep-11 14:58:20

try again here

Thank you - it does look amazing, but is rather over-budget for us unfortunately :-S

sailorsgal Thu 01-Sep-11 18:09:43

there are a couple of b &b's in Dorchester. Will look them up for you.

sailorsgal Thu 01-Sep-11 18:21:42

here is one of the ones I was thinking about. About 5 mins from the bypass to get on the Weymouth Road.

Thanks - that looks great :-)
Will have to give them a ring!

sailorsgal Fri 02-Sep-11 12:28:49

the other one is www.beggarsknap.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now