Talk

Advanced search

Peak District - family friendly hotels

(9 Posts)
soniaweir Sun 28-Aug-11 16:10:59

We are trying to organise a big family holiday to celebrate our parents 70th birthday next year. We are all keen to go to the peak district and visit Chatsworth house and to stay for a couple of nights. We are looking for a family friendly hotel. Kids will range from 13 down to 2. We would like somewhere nice as well as practical. any recommendations?

Thanks

soniaweir Fri 02-Sep-11 19:39:39

Bump anyone?

Nextsale Sat 03-Sep-11 20:57:39

hi there it is not a hotel but darwin forest log cabins right by chatsworth is lovely a real away from it all holiday

pointydog Sat 03-Sep-11 21:00:54

I'd second Next's suggestion. The same company has another site in the peak distric t too. Lovely play park and pool for the kids, green spaces to run about. Are you set on a hotel?

mousymouse Sat 03-Sep-11 21:02:02

diggle hotel saddleworth?

orienteerer Sat 03-Sep-11 21:04:46

I realise this isn't a hotel but might be useful (I have no personal experience0.

pointydog Sat 03-Sep-11 21:06:05

here's the darwin forest lodges

orienteerer Sat 03-Sep-11 21:12:45

....or why not stay in one of the Chatsworth Estate owned hotels/pubs?

soniaweir Tue 06-Sep-11 16:52:52

love the idea of the chat worth estate but we need 2 family rooms so that might be the problem. self catering is out as we want to out and celebrate with a dinner and need someone to look after the young chldren.

any other ideas - any biggish hotels with some nice restaurants in them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now