Talk

Advanced search

Norfolk: Sea Palling or Winterton-on-Sea?

(12 Posts)
PassTheTwiglets Thu 25-Aug-11 17:55:45

We have one day left to fill - which beach is best? (We like sandy beaches, no amusements/donkey rides etc., must have car parking, preferably toilets nearby!)

TIA!

Newbabynewmum Fri 26-Aug-11 10:25:16

Sea paulling. Hands down. It's my favourite beach!

Newbabynewmum Fri 26-Aug-11 10:25:33

And there's nothing there. Just nice beach. No tat

PassTheTwiglets Fri 26-Aug-11 10:40:48

Have you been to Winterton too, newbabynewmum? And are there any loos at Sea Palling?

SherlockHolmes Fri 26-Aug-11 12:23:14

There are toilets/cafe/small amusements/shop at Sea Palling; not sure about Winterton.

MegBusset Fri 26-Aug-11 12:26:41

Haven't been to Winterton but we often go to Sea Palling, it's got everything you need. Watch out for the tractors taking jetskiers down to the sea though!

PassTheTwiglets Fri 26-Aug-11 12:43:51

Sea Palling was recommended to me and it does look lovely on Google but then I saw Winterton and thought that looked even nicer - hard to tell though. Does Sea Palling look like a 'normal' beach - from the pics I saw, ther are lots of rock-barrier-thingies out at sea - it is still sand and sea, yes?!

MegBusset Fri 26-Aug-11 15:01:30

Yes, lovely big sandy beach

ragged Sun 28-Aug-11 07:40:31

Where did you go, Twiglets? I love Sea Palling, too, but I don't know Winterton at all.

PassTheTwiglets Sun 28-Aug-11 21:18:46

We did both today! Have to say I wasnt crazy about sea palling but wintertpn was lovely.

ragged Mon 29-Aug-11 08:55:47

What is Winterton like, how was it better? <<Nosy>>

PassTheTwiglets Wed 31-Aug-11 08:41:26

Sorry for delay in replying, ragged. Sea Palling just felt a bit... artificial and surreal. Those giant rock things were odd. Winterton beach was lovely - very windswept and natural-looking. There is a brilliant little trench of sea-water that's great for small kids to play in. I woudln't let them in the sea itself, that's the only bad bit about it - too rough and too many strong currents. The best bit was the seal colony that live there - we saw loads of little seal heads popping up out of the water!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now