Talk

Advanced search

places to visit /stay around yorksghire n/e coast

(6 Posts)
fanjobiscuit Fri 19-Aug-11 21:13:49

I fancy taking a trip around north yorkshire area. Just pootling around staying in b&bs -maybe a farm or family hotel .Just a night at each .2 adults, 1 well behaved 12 year old girl.
Any recommendations?

Thefoxsbrush Fri 19-Aug-11 23:09:24

My top recommendations:-
1.La rosa guest house (or gypsy caravans if you're brave) in Whitby. Quirky, warm and very welcoming and Whitby has a lot of charm.

2. The sands sea front apartments in Scarborough. They are absolutely gorgeous apartments with gorgeous views. (loads to do- seaside, miniature railway, peasholm park, sealife centre, crazy golf, open top buses, amusement arcades....)

fanjobiscuit Sun 21-Aug-11 10:04:06

Thank you tfb. Have you stayed St Larosa? It looks quirky and interesting but worry that it tips over into 'strange'. What are the caravans like and how close are toilets etc? I'd love to do it but fear DH would veto on the grounds of being too basic .

Thefoxsbrush Sun 21-Aug-11 23:14:02

I've stayed at la rosa guest house but not caravans. We stayed in a well appointed room with gorgeous views over Whitby. The owners are very hospitable- tea and coffee is available for free in the lounge (it's proper coffee in a cafetiere as well). I didn't find it strange at all, definitely more quirky.

Mytholmroyd Fri 02-Sep-11 21:42:06

Byland Abbey do bed and breakfast - always been full when I have tried to book tho!

The Youth Hostel in Whitby is also a great place to stay if your DH can cope with the bunk beds for a night! Lovely spot next to the Abbey, free parking and good lounges. The food in the restaurant isnt bad either.

lesstalkmoreaction Fri 02-Sep-11 21:44:03

Robins hood bay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now