Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Crealey Adventure Park, Devon....any good?

(14 Posts)
clottedcream Tue 16-Aug-11 08:03:22

thinking of going for the day was wondering if it were any good? Children 6 yrs

weepootle Tue 16-Aug-11 08:06:27

I went about 4 years ago and thought it was fantastic. I'd never heard of it before so wasn't expecting much and was really surprised how good it was. If it's a nice day take their swimming costumes as there's a lovely picnic area with loads of water sprays they can play in.

Ealingkate Tue 16-Aug-11 08:08:46

Our children liked it so much we went twice in one week! They were 6, 4 and 1

belgo Tue 16-Aug-11 08:09:38

My 7 year old loved it.

bagelmonkey Tue 16-Aug-11 08:14:10

My DD is too young, but all my friends with older kids love it.

horationelson Tue 16-Aug-11 08:18:37

Its good but after paying to get in I didn't expect to have to pay extra for some of the rides. Have lots of cash with you.

clottedcream Tue 16-Aug-11 09:21:09

ok sounds good will give it a go - thank you

CandiceMariePratt Tue 16-Aug-11 09:22:54

Don't forget your swimming stuff for the wet play bit and take a picnic!

horationelson Tue 16-Aug-11 09:36:38

I think there should be a reduced rate for mums/dads/carers that just stand around holding the bags. I begrudge paying full price. grin

DorisIsAPinkDragon Tue 16-Aug-11 09:39:14

From what I hear it's good we like woodlands too (dd just turned 6 and there is LOADS to do and masses of indoor rides soft play!) but rhat's nearer Dartmouth so may not be so local.

MetalSian Tue 16-Aug-11 09:44:14

Crealy is very good, a bit expensive but worth it for a treat.
Lots to do.
You will have a very tired child at the end of the day!

horationelson Tue 16-Aug-11 11:59:23

I think Woodlands is much better and very reasonable if you are camping as free entry.

mummymeister Tue 16-Aug-11 12:27:12

I think that Crealy do a free return within 7 days which is well worth it if you want to go back in again. My eldest is 13 and has just outgrown Crealy now - we usually go to the one in Cornwall when we are there. Have been to Woodlands and that went down well too but make it a whole day - first in last out! Like Horatio i get really annoyed with all the theme parks that then try to con you out of even more money with rides once inside. wish they would all get the message and make it all free. Mumsnet campaign perhaps?

horationelson Tue 16-Aug-11 15:59:26

Not sure when you are planning to go but I got a voucher for £2 off for a maximum of five people. If you pm me your address I can post it to you. If not anyone else who is wanting to go before 31 August.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now