Talk

Advanced search

Oxford

(7 Posts)
Newbabynewmum Mon 15-Aug-11 22:53:38

I'm off to Oxford for 3 nights with my DD who is 10mo (she's walking though). What should we do? I have 1 day earmarked for Bicester Village that's about all. Are there good parks? Things for children? We have a car so can travel. She's pretty good tbh, calm and happy to walk or be pushed & have a gawp about. Thanks!!

bagelmonkey Tue 16-Aug-11 15:34:22

Millets Farm is great. millets
Go to one of the G & D ice cream cafes. G&D

humptydidit Tue 16-Aug-11 15:42:21

would also recommend millets farm

Have never been to G&D's but will make sure I do now!!!

Have never been personally, but the botanic gardens are supposed to be lovely

bagelmonkey Tue 16-Aug-11 18:40:20

I recommend the dime bar crunch ice cream. Or mango sorbet if they have it. Yummmmm

wearymum200 Tue 16-Aug-11 22:10:51

Christ church meadow (by the college, but free) is good for a wander, ducks etc. University parks are better for running around. Nat history museum is great if weather poor. Cafe in museum of modern art is nice, but i agree you can't beat a G and D's ice cream. Botanic gardens are good for an amble but relatively pricey as a one off. Rectory farm pyo has a little playground ,fab sandpit, bouncy castle and cafe
City parks have all recently had an upgrade. Hinksey park has outdoor swimming pool and water splash as well as playground. Imho best playground for littlies is at bury knowle in headington (but prob no other reason to go to headington as a tourist)

bagelmonkey Wed 17-Aug-11 01:39:04

If you're not staying in town, use one of the park & rides. Don't try to drive in & park. It's a nightmare & parking is v expensive.

Newbabynewmum Mon 29-Aug-11 22:06:42

Well we're here! Had a wander this afternoon and in our very lovely hotel smile off to try some g&d's tomorrow & go to the meadow. Staying near millets so planning that on Wednesday. Then Bicester village thursday. Thanks ladies! I'll let you know how we get on smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now