Talk

Advanced search

tell me all about Devon...............

(5 Posts)
anniebear Sun 14-Aug-11 10:40:04

which part best to go to for a family?

Me and DH went 10 years ago just before I had our twin Daughters, thinking of going back again, with them!

Just not sure which is the best part to go to, which has the best things to do for them

Obviously will have a google but thought I would also ask for some words of wisdm on here!

One daughter has Special needs so I suppose we are looking for stuff with a ten year old and a 5 year old

they like the beach, horses! parks, animal parks/farm...as long as it has a good play area lol

thank you

anniebear Sun 14-Aug-11 10:45:14

they don't like Zoo's!!!

Ineedcaffeine Sun 14-Aug-11 15:50:22

annie,
I live in South Devon, and this area is brilliant for families and children. staying anywhere between Plymouth and Torbay will give you access to great beaches, countryside and, of course, Dartmoor!
Plymouth has a brilliant aquarium and there are two good 'theme' parks - Woodlands at Totnes and Crealy just past Exeter - there's also Pennywell Farm is a great animal park.
Shopping is good in both Plymouth and Exeter, both of which have park and ride schemes so you don't have to worry about driving through (frankly abysmal) road systems! the train links are fairly good too.
Hope this gives you something to be going on with. x

piellabakewell Mon 15-Aug-11 09:40:31

I grew up in Plymouth and still visit my family...it's our second holiday, but free accommodation at mum's! I agree with Ineedcaffeine, there are loads of things to do in south Devon. I don't know north Devon at all, admittedly. I don't know what time of year you are planning to visit, but there are loads of things to do whatever the weather.

anniebear Mon 15-Aug-11 19:08:00

thank you so much smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now