Talk

Advanced search

Centerparcs activities (school age children) - are age bands strict limits or guidance?

(5 Posts)
teejwood Fri 12-Aug-11 15:15:06

posted this on advice thread but only getting tumbleweed - wondered if anyone looking at this thread might be able to advise? tia!

chipmonkey Fri 12-Aug-11 16:55:12

Well, last year, ds3 was 5 and dying to do archery. He was not allowed as you have to be 6. Something to do with insurance.

EdithWeston Fri 12-Aug-11 17:01:13

I don't know about Centreparcs, but in other places I've found that a minimum age is strictly enforced (probably insurance or supervision ratios) but there is sometimes flexibility for a (slightly) older child to stay with a younger sibling in something that has a maximum age (provided there is space after all appropriately aged children have had a chance to book).

I'm not sure if your concern is gentle activities for younger children being invaded by bigger ones, or if you have a younger one desperate to try something reserved for older ones. But either way, it will end up more or less exactly what is advertised.

lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 17:03:44

yes they are clear guidelines at CP about ages and i think thats why you are made to fill out dob for your party before going.

teejwood Fri 12-Aug-11 18:33:41

Thanks all for the advice. DS wanted to do "Family Foil Fencing" with his dad but would need to be 9 and he's a couple of months out. I wondered if it might be OK as he would obviously be under his dad's supervision but it sounds like a not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now