Talk

Advanced search

Where is the best place in Devon to go on holliday with a 6 year old?

(6 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Thu 11-Aug-11 19:42:30

Hi, my DH and I have 4 days off work together so we'd like to go somewhere in Devon. We have a 6 year old daughter who is very fun loving and enjoys everything, (appart from shopping).

We'd like somewhere picturesque, a nice beach, swimming pool neerbye and some kind of child centred attraction that big kids can enjoy too. grin

mummyloveslucy Thu 11-Aug-11 20:35:53

bump

lagrandissima Thu 11-Aug-11 20:39:25

How about Dartmouth area? Nice sandy beaches, Exeter has a good leisure centre and other facilities, and Crealy adventure park is not too far away. North coast better if you prefer craggy coastal paths and body boarding. You'll need a car to get about.

mummyloveslucy Fri 12-Aug-11 21:36:12

Thank you, I'll have a look at those. smile

horationelson Sat 13-Aug-11 18:18:26

I would go to South Devon. We camped at woodlands near Totnes but there are lots of lovely places around there and Torquay is nearby and Paignton Zoo is fab and there is a water park too.

mummymeister Sat 13-Aug-11 22:46:44

Depends when you are going as to what accom you will find. if it is now in school hols then hotels, b and b and camping will do short breaks but most likely self catering cottages and caravans won't. Agree with suggestions for Paignton or Torquay but sort your place to stay before you go don't just turn up as they get busy in school hols

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now