Talk

Advanced search

Romantic couple of nights away

(6 Posts)
Karbea Sun 07-Aug-11 10:32:25

hello,

Can anyone suggest a nice place to stay, I'm thinking wonky floors, four posters, pub with rooms maybe, good food, a couple of hrs from west London. Maybe Cotswolds? About £150 per night???

Thanks.

Fluffymonster Sun 07-Aug-11 21:47:17

Slightly more, at £170, but otherwise The Bay Tree at Burford sounds like what you're describing! It's just won Small Hotel of the Year 2011 apparently. Not stayed there myself, yet - but thinking of doing so.

www.cotswold-inns-hotels.co.uk/property/the_bay_tree_hotel/index.htm

www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/apr/16/bay-tree-hotel-burford-oxfordshire-review

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186358-d191495-Reviews-or10-Bay_Tree_Hotel-Burford_Oxfordshire_England.html#REVIEWS

Karbea Sun 07-Aug-11 22:07:22

Looks lovely but fully booked for next weekend sad

breadcrumbs Tue 09-Aug-11 21:19:32

Any of the Adnams hotels eg in Southwold, Suffolk. They are all gorgeous, comfy, individual and do brilliant food

goodkate Tue 09-Aug-11 21:23:59

Yes the Eckington Manor. www.eckingtonmanor.co.uk

It's near the Cotwolds, has wonky floors and a fab breakfast.

Give it a go!

tiokiko Tue 09-Aug-11 21:30:02

How about The Crazy Bear in Stadhampton? Oxfordshire rather than Cotswolds so closer to London, but it's lovely.

I don't think you're missing out that much on the Bay Tree btw - have been there several times (for work team meetings rather than fun) and it's OK, not fantastic. I definitely wouldn't pay £170 for a room - there's nothing particularly wrong with it and Burford is a nice place but I don't think it's that great.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: