Talk

Advanced search

Romantic couple of nights away

(6 Posts)
Karbea Sun 07-Aug-11 10:32:25

hello,

Can anyone suggest a nice place to stay, I'm thinking wonky floors, four posters, pub with rooms maybe, good food, a couple of hrs from west London. Maybe Cotswolds? About £150 per night???

Thanks.

Fluffymonster Sun 07-Aug-11 21:47:17

Slightly more, at £170, but otherwise The Bay Tree at Burford sounds like what you're describing! It's just won Small Hotel of the Year 2011 apparently. Not stayed there myself, yet - but thinking of doing so.

www.cotswold-inns-hotels.co.uk/property/the_bay_tree_hotel/index.htm

www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/apr/16/bay-tree-hotel-burford-oxfordshire-review

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186358-d191495-Reviews-or10-Bay_Tree_Hotel-Burford_Oxfordshire_England.html#REVIEWS

Karbea Sun 07-Aug-11 22:07:22

Looks lovely but fully booked for next weekend sad

breadcrumbs Tue 09-Aug-11 21:19:32

Any of the Adnams hotels eg in Southwold, Suffolk. They are all gorgeous, comfy, individual and do brilliant food

goodkate Tue 09-Aug-11 21:23:59

Yes the Eckington Manor. www.eckingtonmanor.co.uk

It's near the Cotwolds, has wonky floors and a fab breakfast.

Give it a go!

tiokiko Tue 09-Aug-11 21:30:02

How about The Crazy Bear in Stadhampton? Oxfordshire rather than Cotswolds so closer to London, but it's lovely.

I don't think you're missing out that much on the Bay Tree btw - have been there several times (for work team meetings rather than fun) and it's OK, not fantastic. I definitely wouldn't pay £170 for a room - there's nothing particularly wrong with it and Burford is a nice place but I don't think it's that great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now