Talk

Advanced search

Trip to beach from West Midlands... where? suggestions please!

(10 Posts)
joguialax Sat 30-Jul-11 00:21:56

Hi, we're thinking in a trip to the beach -but don't know where to go.
We live in West Midlands, childrens 5 & 3 yrs old, any suggestions for the best beaches that we can go to?... may be a day out or short stay, and we can make the trip by train or in our car.
Any ideas appreciated!
Thanks.

somedayillbesaturdaynite Sat 30-Jul-11 00:27:00

weston super mare, burnham on sea, southwales - gower, barry island etc? strensham services are about an hour from here (bristol) and all these are suggestions are an hour or less from me

Steeplearningcurve Sat 30-Jul-11 00:28:02

From experience of my parents taking us, Weston is closest. The sea can be z long way out but has pier, donkeys etc otherwise north Wales is prettier

somedayillbesaturdaynite Sat 30-Jul-11 01:07:32

steep are you down this way too?

Steeplearningcurve Sat 30-Jul-11 01:08:43

I'm in Staffordshire so more or less west midlands, used to live in Birmingham

somedayillbesaturdaynite Sat 30-Jul-11 01:10:50

Ahh kk thought u might be from bristol sorry x

floweryblue Sat 30-Jul-11 01:28:19

I lived in Northampton for a while. DP took us to a 'nearby' beach on the east coast, twas such an awful trip I have actually forgotten the name of the place.

Come to Cornwall, if you leave at about 5am you can be here for breakfast and the kids will sleep through (have done it from Northampton with similar aged kids and we went all the way to St Ives.)

happywheezer Sat 30-Jul-11 22:01:13

Weston is Birmingham by sea

loopsngeorge Mon 08-Aug-11 23:53:01

We have just come back from Barmouth in North Wales and it was full of people from the West Midlands - it was just a 2 hour drive from my in laws in Staffordshire. It was absolutely beautiful there - huge sandy beaches with mountains behind. We had good weather mostly but there was stuff to do when it was raining as well. There is a direct train from Wolverhampton apparently!

Hellishday Wed 10-Aug-11 15:36:27

Go to Aberdyfi which is about 15 miles south of Barmouth and much nicer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now