Talk

Advanced search

Golf widow in St Andrews

(3 Posts)
cheapskatemum Sat 23-Jul-11 21:18:32

OK, so they (DH & 3 DSs) will be playing a lot of golf during the week we're there, 13th - 20th August. I like shopping, but not for a whole week. I also like art galleries, museums, walking, reading, swimming & water sports. Can you suggest some activities for me? We're staying at Kinkell Braes Caravan Park, which I understand is quite near the city centre.

fidelma Sat 23-Jul-11 22:48:23

Cambo up the road has wonderful gardens with a walk down to the sea,coffee shop.Pigs to feed!
there is a Theatre called the Byre (I think) in St Andrews

Great shopping lovely coffee shops.Good kite flying.Lovely long beach walk in St Andrews.

Carrnie fruit farm is fun Depending on you boys ages.Maze,trampolines,go karts and brilliant cafe,great fruit picking.

World famous fish and chips in Anstruther.A 4 mile walk alonG the coast from Anstruther to Crail.There is also summer art festivals in the fife villages but I am not sure of the dates.

Elie further along the fife coast has a lovely beach with water sports.tODAYS tELEGRAPH HAD DETAILS OF THE WALK IN A LITTLE BOOKLET. (caps on sorry)

You may be able to book spa treatments at the Old Course Hotel?

Have fun.

cheapskatemum Sun 24-Jul-11 08:42:32

Many thanks, Fidelma. DSs are teenagers, & DH petrol head, so go karts should do the trick, whilst I sip tea in the cafe! Glad you mentioned spa, I'll have a go at booking that in advance. I heard that walks booklet advertised on Classic FM and was interested, but not organised enough to actually purchase the paper! Must go on Freegle to see if anyone will donate one to me. Will pack our kites, thanks for the tip. Might pass on the pig-feeding though as there's a pig farm at the back of our house & you can have enough of a good thing!

TBH this should see me through the week, but if anyone else has additions, I'm compiling a Wordfile dossier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now