Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Bluestone in wales

(6 Posts)
Choufleur Fri 22-Jul-11 20:02:01

It looks really good. but wondered whether it is as good as it looks. Thinking about going in October so not banking on the weather being great.

MissTinaTeaspoon Fri 22-Jul-11 20:09:57

We went last month and had a lovely time! The swimming pool is lovely (much nicer than centerparcs IMO) and the indoor adventure centre is great - you have to pay £5 per adult to get in but there's enough in there to keep kids amused all day. There's a lego room, play area, mini golf and wii in there. If the weather's ok we enjoyed the woodland walk. How old is/are your dc(s)? Dd is 3 and enjoyed a mini safari where we hunted for bugs, they do something similar for older kids too; and the disco.

We stayed in a cottage which was well kitted out and nicely central.

The pub is nice but not cheap, same for the bakery. My only real complaint was that the cottage could have been a bit cleaner tbh.

The surrounding area is nice. We visited folly farm, manor house zoo and Carew castle which were all good.

zeus123 Fri 22-Jul-11 20:13:31

The accommodation is quite good.
Good spa and pool. Oakwood will be closed. If the weather is good you could go to pembrokeshire coast. I would not recommend going for a week but for a long weekend it is not too bad.

Choufleur Fri 22-Jul-11 20:25:59

DS is 5. It's quite a way for us to drive so was thinking about Monday to Friday - so will only actually three whole days there and if the weather is nice would plan to escape to the beach (albeit wrapped up).

It's half the price of centerparcs which makes it appealing.

MissTinaTeaspoon Fri 22-Jul-11 20:30:53

It's different to centerparcs in that you can escape, in centerparcs I sort of felt captive if that makes sense? Centerparcs has more structured activities and places to explore, but bluestone felt more 'villagy' and friendly, and it's much much quieter. And you're right, a lot cheaper!

Choufleur Fri 22-Jul-11 20:34:58

Went to centerparcs in feb as got a last minute bargain and really enjoyed it but am not paying £500 for 4 nights in oct to basically go swimming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now