Talk

Advanced search

Dorset, Cotswolds, Bath? where to stay to unwind/relax?

(8 Posts)
PinkOlives Thu 21-Jul-11 10:59:07

Special weekend to celebrate, i have left it very very last minute. We would like to stay for two nights i haven’t been to any of the above but i thought they were in reasonable distance of London. Which would you recommend. Any experience and a place to stay/recommend.
We have one preschooler. I would love a pool/Jacuzzi but not absolutely necessary, just not too keen on frilly furnishings, old architecture with modern clean interiors is what I’m looking for, lots of nice places on mr&mrs but I haven’t found one with available dates/child friendly.
Any ideas ?
Thank you!

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 21-Jul-11 11:06:45

Whereabouts are you coming from (not being nosy, but if you have to go anwhere near Oxford/Woodstock/that bit of the A34, then avoid like the plague - it's the CLA game fair at Blenheim)

PinkOlives Thu 21-Jul-11 11:11:18

oh thank you
im in london? dont know where to go really, can go anywhere but i wanted a change and around a 2 hour drive. the nicest places i have seen are in the cotwolds.
thank you fr the warning that would be awful

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 21-Jul-11 11:20:16

The Cotswolds are lovely, but you'll have to take an alternative route, it's from Friday to Sunday and last time it happened it caused gridlock all around A40/A44/A34/Oxford ring road etc apparently.

Try these hotels for some lovely places to stay (avoid the Bear at Rodborough though, it's a bit soulless IMO)

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 21-Jul-11 11:37:13

Seems I replied to both of your threads, whoops!! blush

Didn't mean to do that, how strange.

PinkOlives Thu 21-Jul-11 11:40:33

maybe i should avoid it altogether. there are lovely places there. im worried alternate routes will be busy also. maybe we should also avoid bath.
i wonder about m3 to dorset although i prefer the idea of the cotwolds. hmm
thanks for the tip off Jareth

PinkOlives Thu 21-Jul-11 11:41:10

sorry wasnt sure where to put it!

PaperBank Thu 21-Jul-11 17:51:34

Dorset is lovely. It's a great place for a break but less touristy/expensive than Bath and the Cotswolds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now