Talk

Advanced search

Recommendation for rainy day activity in blackpool/fylde

(4 Posts)
Rooble Wed 20-Jul-11 23:09:33

Going with my parents on the fylde next week -three adults, three 4yo and one 2yo - the plan was to spend days on the beach and have a lovely cost-effective time away. But the weather forecast is RUBBISH. So I've been looking at indoor activities - the Tower, the Sandcastle, Seaworld etc, but they all seem insanely expensive (£12 for a CHILD to get into the tower???) - can anyone recommend something fun we can do that is a bit more affordable?
(obviously I can think of craft stuff etc we could do at home, but the DCs are all looking forward to their "holiday")
Thanks in anticipation!

timidviper Wed 20-Jul-11 23:21:00

My children loved Ripley's Believe It or Not which is an exhibition of weired and wonderful stuff but your children may be a bit young for it.

Afraid my DCs are older now so have not done this sort of stuff for years. If you get some nice weather Fairhaven Lake is nice for boating, park, etc and it's between Lytham and St Annes which are both very pleasant for a mooch about (but about as exciting as watching paint dry)

Rooble Wed 20-Jul-11 23:33:02

Thanks timid - is Ripleys part of the Pleasure Beach, or separate? I suppose we could always get the tram to fleetwood and back, or something like that... Just sod's law about the weather though, isn't it?

timidviper Wed 20-Jul-11 23:38:35

It used to be seperate and I think you can just go into there but you may get reduced prices with Pleasure Beach wristbands. (If you are going there don't forget you can get wristbands with Tesco Points much cheaper)

I'll save the thread and ask some friends who might have ideas and pm you if we think of anything exciting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now