Talk

Advanced search

Weekend in a train carriage - highly recommended!

(5 Posts)
DottyDot Sun 17-Jul-11 17:16:48

We've just got back from a couple of days away here and it was fantastic. Bit pricey but we were able to book a couple of cheaper days away (thank you ds's school for having two mid-week inset days grin), - ds's loved it, the carriage was incredibly high spec and we loved Ironbridge - hadn't been before but the Victorian town was really interesting and we donned hard hats to go down a tar tunnel which ds's were also most impressed with.

I'd definitely recommend a long weekend in Ironbridge and if you fancy somewhere different to stay, this was great. smile

DottyDot Sun 17-Jul-11 17:19:57

oh and PS - not expecting any replies - just that I always look to the weekend breaks/UK pages to find places to go/stay, so thought I'd pass this one on <off to look for next holiday fix...> grin

flagging Wed 20-Jul-11 20:17:29

Wow that looks so much fun. Was it warm?

LawrieMarlow Wed 20-Jul-11 20:54:13

That looks great smile

Here is a place I stayed in for a short break a few months ago. I adored it (even travelled there by train) and will go again some time I think.

DottyDot Thu 21-Jul-11 10:50:56

Hi - yes it was lovely and warm - we had very good weather though. There's a heater/air con machine in the main room and main bedroom - we had the heater on first thing for ds's as they were up early - only took 15 - 20 mins to make the room really warm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now