Talk

Advanced search

Birmingham science museum any good?

(14 Posts)
Gingerbics Wed 13-Jul-11 20:09:11

Meeting friends central brum this fri(its halfway for both of us), my friend has suggested the science museum but wondered if its suitable for 4yr olds or can anyone suggest anything else? Don't tink the forecast is great so need indoor options,
Many thanks

lubeybooby Wed 13-Jul-11 20:26:27

It's good for younger kids, I took my 14yr old dd and all but the top floor bored her, most things are aimed at ages 4 to 8ish I would say

McDreamy Wed 13-Jul-11 20:29:27

Is that the the Think Tank? Or somewhere else? We went to the Think Tank a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic time - 6 children aged 6 months - 8 years old.

Gingerbics Wed 13-Jul-11 20:30:24

Thanks lubey thats good to know! Is there anywhere nearby you could recommend for lunch thats child friendly?

Gingerbics Wed 13-Jul-11 20:32:21

Mcdreamy yes I think its the thinktank science museum, thats good to know you enjoyed it as a lots of the reviews on tripadvisor said it was shabby with lots of the displays not working and overpriced! Good to hear you had fun there.

McDreamy Wed 13-Jul-11 20:34:21

I didn't think it was shabby at all! We went on a Saturday afternoon and it was so quiet we virtually had the place to ourselves. Staff were very friendly. I think there's a cafe there isn't there? Although we didn't eat there.

vanimal Wed 13-Jul-11 20:35:53

ThinkTank is great, I take my nearly 4yo and 2yo old there all the time.

There is a cafe next door, and picnic/lunch areas in the ThinkTank too, if you want to take your own food along.

Hulababy Wed 13-Jul-11 20:37:10

DD and two of her friends enjoyed it a couple of years ago, especially the "town" at the bottom. They'd have been around 7y and 4y at the time.

Gingerbics Wed 13-Jul-11 20:38:33

Thats great, thanks the reviews I saw were on tripadvisor but Mumsnet knows best i think!

Gingerbics Wed 13-Jul-11 20:39:42

meant to ask as we're not locals where is the best place to park? Really appreciate your help X

lubeybooby Wed 13-Jul-11 20:40:01

We walked into the city centre to eat at the bacchus bar, a pub tucked away in a side street/arcade thing. Not the most child friendly place but we went as had a voucher 2 for £10. On the way there we passed a pizza hut and were very tempted, as for other places not sure. Theres a cafe at the thinktank if you don't want to walk into the city (about 5/10 mins and easy to find)

McDreamy Wed 13-Jul-11 20:40:32

There's a huge car park right next to it. (We're not local either, met friends there).

McDreamy Wed 13-Jul-11 20:42:25

Hulababy I enjoyed the town, that was the best bit grin, I was phoning everyone, had my taken tonsils out with plastic tweezers after being driven there by blue lights by DS! grin

Gingerbics Wed 13-Jul-11 20:47:58

OOh how exciting, right you've sold it to me, THANKYOU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now