Talk

Advanced search

Holiday break in Devon

(5 Posts)
wubblybubbly Wed 06-Jul-11 20:49:02

We were planning on a week abroad but now health issues mean we're looking at Devon, for the first week of the school holidays.

We'd like a pool, to be close to the beach, somewhere with activities for children, some sort of entertainment.

We've never been that far south before, so no idea on south or north devon, which has the better weather confused

I've looked at Hoseasons and they have a few things, but wondered whether you can book direct and if this is a better idea?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, area, park, caravan or cottage, we're total Devon novices!

Thank you smile

allthefires Wed 06-Jul-11 21:45:34

Much prefer south devon. Currently on hols in north devon. Not having much fun to be honest.

Devon cliffs in exmouth is my favourite but can be a little common-and i am no snob!

wubblybubbly Thu 07-Jul-11 12:28:22

grin Thanks for the heads up ATF, I appreciate it.

I think I'm erring towards south because of the weather, I don't mind a bit of common. Who do you usually book with, or do you go direct?

wubblybubbly Thu 07-Jul-11 14:56:05

We're booked up!

We decided, after much debate, to go for Coast View Park in South Devon.

Any really positive experiences, please doo share. Not sure I want to hear if it's really crap though grin

denj Sat 16-Jul-11 21:40:04

north devon is better woolacombe sands hoilday villiage is lovely and the beach is 4 miles of sand lots of sunshine love it .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now