Talk

Advanced search

HAVEN - best one in your opinion

(12 Posts)
clottedcream Wed 06-Jul-11 12:53:56

they have a 50% off deal on for July and I want to book now - have done Devon Cliffes so woudl prefer to go elsewhere.

What's the best you stayed at?

Thefoxsbrush Wed 06-Jul-11 19:20:54

I really like the blue dolphin in Scarborough - it has a lot of attractions but without being too big like it's sister primrose valley. Plus Scarborough and the surrounding Yorkshire coast has a lot of family-friendly attractions.

Don't go to golden sands Nr Skegness. It's dire!

fuckmepinkandCALLmegoran Wed 06-Jul-11 19:22:51

Not Craig Tara in Ayr.

Shite.

Sirzy Wed 06-Jul-11 19:23:40

Not Kiln Park in Tenby. We went on recently to look around and it was like hell on earth. How a "family" site can have a club open until 1am is beyond me!

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 06-Jul-11 19:24:15

Combe haven in Hastings is nice - a little small perhaps but surrounding area is definitely fantastic.

I actually liked primrose valley.

Presthaven sands also nice.

Caister has great entertainment complex and activities but pool is basic and small.

TotalChaos Wed 06-Jul-11 19:24:52

out of the three I've been to, Devon Cliffs was definitely the nicest. I'ld stick with Devon Cliffs tbh.

1gglePiggle Wed 06-Jul-11 19:28:57

Perran sands in perranporth is nice. Similar to Devon cliffs in that beach is down a steep hill just off the site. Beach better than exmouth, lots of sand dunes for kids to explore. Newquay, padstow, lands end, st Ives all nearby. You can get a 2011 caravan for an extra £20. Better for kids over 3 though.

1gglePiggle Wed 06-Jul-11 19:33:03

Ps. The staff were amazing too, going out of their way to help. We stupidly left a rubbish bag outside the caravan due to a stinky nappy in it and within minutes a seagull had strewn the contents everywhere. A litter picker was there within seconds picking it all up and wouldn't hear of us doing it even though it was our fault.

And no I don't work for them! Was just really amazed after reading dodgy reviews on trip advisor but I think the company as a whole has really improved since the watchdog reports.

happyhorse Wed 06-Jul-11 19:41:05

Avoid The Orchards in Clacton. It's like a third world shanty town.

allthefires Wed 06-Jul-11 21:48:40

Back to devon cliffs. Far the best i have been to.

Beauregard Wed 06-Jul-11 21:53:06

Doniford bay is dire do not go there

clottedcream Thu 07-Jul-11 09:32:00

gosh not many recommendations then! think I'll give it a miss....am thinking perhaps this is why they are doing a 50% sale at this late stage

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now