Talk

Advanced search

Pub with good food in Northumberland

(3 Posts)
soniaweir Tue 28-Jun-11 14:53:39

We are meeting family for my DD 1st birthday in northumberland in a couple of weeks. Depending on weather we would like to meet near a beach, Bamburgh etc or if not near ingram valley - so was wondering if any of you mumsnetters know of any good pubs around there that do good food and will be able to deal with about 15 of us?

thanks all

solongandthanksfor Tue 28-Jun-11 19:36:01

First thought is The Ship Inn at Low Newton. Last time I was there it only did sandwiches at lunch - but they are very nice, there's good beer, and the location is fantastic. Not sure if you can book though.

How formal an occasion is it? Because a much posher idea would be The Treehouse restaurant at Alnwick Gardens?

I've not been but the Tankerville Arms at Wooler has a good local rep (think that's near-ish Ingram)

wonderfultykes Tue 28-Jun-11 19:41:18

May be too far in and/or South but 'Goats on the Roof' restaturant is incredible cafe (not pub) - book if you want carvery, lovely walks round lake, wondeful place. Or the crab sandwich pub by Dunstanburgh castle... that's not helpful is it though? It's the one opposite the kipper smokery at the top of the hill overlooking sea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now