Talk

Advanced search

Holiday cottage for at least 10+ beautiful but not too posh! (i.e. toddler friendly)

(5 Posts)
threefeethighandrising Sat 25-Jun-11 02:30:05

Just got back from a lovely holiday in Wales and thinking about next summer already smile

Some of our friends are up for it too.

Ideally we'd like to find somewhere in a beautiful setting, but not too posh. The places I've been looking at online all look pristine! But we're going to have at least 5 toddlers with us, there's really no point going to somewhere that has white sofas / looks like a show home! I'd much rather it was beautiful on the outside (lovely garden / area / local beach / lake whatever) than on the inside.

So, a little (or a lot of) rustic charm would be great.

It definitely needs to have a lovely setting, where the kids can run about, and room for approximately 10 adults (maybe more).

Possibly Cornwall / Devon. Or Wales. Or the Lake District. Actually anywhere nice really!

All help appreciated smile

mummymeister Sat 25-Jun-11 10:49:45

There are a couple of big holiday property sites to check out. bigholidayhouse.com and Groupaccommodation.com They cater for groups of 8 plus and have places all over the country in different price ranges. Remember when you book to let them know the ages of the children up front. also check that you get all the cots and highchairs etc included and stairgates if it is a big property. alternatively have a look at some of the groups of cottages where you are near each other but not all in together. try here This is where we go as it is great for younger kids (even though mine are a bit older now they still love the animals and the swimming pool!)

jb707 Sun 26-Jun-11 07:20:37

Have a look at devonholidayhouses.co.uk
It's very toddler friendly and in beautiful Salcombe.

Abgirl Sun 26-Jun-11 07:57:19

This was lovely (though not in your preferred places!) www.lletymaelog.com/

Mischif Wed 06-Jul-11 18:04:47

www.southwestholidaycottages.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now