Talk

Advanced search

Fossil hunting holiday

(7 Posts)
Takver Wed 22-Jun-11 21:07:42

Have also posted this in chat but thought I'd try here too smile We're supposed to be going on a FSC fossil hunting holiday but they've just emailed to say they probably won't have enough numbers.

We've been on one of their holidays before, and it was fab, so just posting here in the last ditch hope that someone else will be inspired to book so that we can still go!

deepfriedcupcake Thu 23-Jun-11 14:25:01

Ooh, that looks fun - if we hadn't already booked we might look at that. We're off to Whitby to scour the beach for a T-Rex.

Hope you still get to go.

Takver Fri 24-Jun-11 14:23:00

Thanks - not that optimistic tbh. We've been looking at some alternative activity holidays, so if this one doesn't happen hopefully those won't be booked up!

deepfriedcupcake Fri 24-Jun-11 17:53:39

If you can't find anything, I'm sure they do some summer holiday activities down at Charmouth/Lyme Regis for fossil hunting kids - I guess they might elsewhere too. Are you tied to accomodation now?

Takver Fri 24-Jun-11 19:35:34

No, luckily it is an all inclusive holiday so nothing else tied to it (though the disadvantage is that anything else will be more expensive I think!). I'll have a look at Charmouth though, see if I can find something down there. Otherwise maybe the YHA & some kayaking etc might be the way forward smile

bodiddly Fri 24-Jun-11 20:07:12

I would have considered it but my ds is only 6 so too young!

Takver Fri 24-Jun-11 20:15:33

Shame . . . would def recommend them for the future though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now