Talk

Advanced search

Any recommendations for nice family holidays in Norfolk?

(7 Posts)
jinglesticks Sat 18-Jun-11 09:45:28

Hi I am thinking about renting a cottage in Norfolk somewhere. We have 18mo and grandparents coming and would like somewhere near a beach, but quite peaceful too. I don't know the area at all. Does anyone have any recommendations for a nice town or area to try?

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Lizcat Sat 18-Jun-11 13:50:59

Blakeney, Cley and Brancaster are all lovely.

Tiger12345 Sat 18-Jun-11 19:29:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

jinglesticks Sun 19-Jun-11 10:44:14

Thanks for the advice - I'll check out the cottages Tiger, although there'll be 5 of us plus dd so probably too small.

Thanks again - very helpful

piprabbit Sun 19-Jun-11 10:48:29

Look at places in Old Hunstanton. You'd have access to huge sandy beachs, it is lovely and quiet, but all the excitement of Hunstanton (indoor swimming pool, sealife centre etc. etc.) is just up the road.

meditrina Sun 19-Jun-11 10:55:51

Cromer has had beach huts for longer than that! (Fond memories of being in one in my early childhood holidays!). We used to stay in the Happy Valkey Chalet Park (on the edge of the town, Overstrand side, nice cliff top walk to the town and beaches - no idea what it's like now though).

Aylsham has a wonderful traditional sweetshop, and a good family friendly pub (The Black Boy) in the Market place. One of the heritage steam railways stops there, so that could be a good way to spend the day.

Wells next the Sea has lovely beaches with a huge tidal fall (gets very, very busy though), Sheringham might also be a good place for you.

lovecorrie Sun 19-Jun-11 11:00:51

Old Hunstanton is beautiful - we stayed there over half term in a gorgeous little house right next to the beach, Check out Birds holiday homes (spindrift is the one we were in). It's ideal if the weather is good, also two nice family friendly eating pubs very near and New hunst with it's shops and the sea life centre only a mile away. Lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now