Talk

Advanced search

Haven holidays, best sites?

(7 Posts)
triplets Sat 18-Jun-11 07:53:06

Need a break, live in Kent, only want 3/4 drive, not a loud noisy site, any reco`s?

TotalChaos Sat 18-Jun-11 09:06:44

I like Devon Cliffs, near Exmouth/Exeter

Fifis25StottieCakes Wed 22-Jun-11 18:12:56

ive been to Berwick which is quiet. Its next to Haggerston which is busier.

fuzzpigFriday Wed 22-Jun-11 18:14:44

I liked Hastings but then it's the only haven site I've been to so I can't really judge grin

Thinking of doing Weymouth next summer, not sure which site though.

sarahbarah Wed 22-Jun-11 18:21:04

have to say i like camber sands, we went last year, , indoor pool is very nice tho they have a ridiculous 6yr old rule for the fairly harmless slide, didnt really go down to the municipal area at night much but does have little playgrounds available for younger ones, we were near the tenting area , staff nice, mobile home was a gold but the bronze and silver seem just as good, would recommend overall, ...selling points, lovely sandy beach literally across the road, and lovely town rye a few miles away with good selection of reasonble priced restaurants. you could ring up and look for homes available with tesco vouchers if on a budget

sarahbarah Wed 22-Jun-11 18:23:52

just want to say being near the tenting field was further away from the main area so less noise and walker bys, plus tenting pitch not that big or busy so would ask for one near the tenting field if i were you

mycatoscar Fri 24-Jun-11 18:23:28

we've been to rockley park near poole and seashore near gt yarmouth, we live in west kent and the drive was about 2.5 hours both times. Had a great time at both parks and would recommend. Neither was particularly noisy or rowdy. Seashore is walkable into great yarmouth for a nice day out and has direct sandy beach access where as rockley park is past a big housing estate and you'd definatly have to drive to get anywhere and the beach there was not brilliant, unless you want to launch a boat really.

fancy trying devon cliffs as we've heard good things about it

at half term we went to sandy balls in the new forest, which was like a smaller, quieter haven, would recommend that too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now