Talk

Advanced search

What to do in London for an afternoon - 2 old friends in their 30s....

(5 Posts)
Inti Thu 16-Jun-11 11:58:28

Any ideas gratefully received!

SuburbanDream Thu 16-Jun-11 18:40:23

Depends where in London - weekend or weekday?

Inti Thu 16-Jun-11 19:13:23

Sat afternoon leading into the evening.
thanks

SuburbanDream Fri 17-Jun-11 11:01:46

well, if it was me I'd go to the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy then maybe go for afternoon tea at Fortnums across the road (or cocktails somewhere fab but since having the DCs it's been such a long time since I've had cocktails anywhere fab that I wouldn't know where to suggest!!). The Wallace Collection in Manchester Square is always good and usually not too busy, or the Tate Britain although not so good for food/drinks afterwards (the cafe is always too hot, too busy and too expensive IMO). As you can tell, I like galleries! If that's not your thing, give us some idea of what you like to do - also need to know the area where you are going to be.

ColonelBrandonsBiggestGroupie Sat 18-Jun-11 19:24:59

If it was me I'd start in Liberty for general drooling. Then The Wallace Collection (or the other way around) and Selfridges. I'd also have a quick nip around the Portrait Gallery. No idea where for the evening though, sorry - but cocktails sound good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now