Talk

Advanced search

Lyme Regis - desperate!

(8 Posts)
jenpet Mon 13-Jun-11 18:57:32

Coming from France week commencing 09 July to do the fossil hunting walk and various other things, I know it's short notice, and I've been trawling Trip Advisor (how many places that don't accept under 5's?!) Would love some recommendations for me & 2 DS's - hotel, B & B, cottage, house, whatever, anything is fine as long as it's OK-ish....thank you in advance.

pointydog Mon 13-Jun-11 19:12:42

I've used this company. No complaints

jenpet Mon 13-Jun-11 20:25:12

Thank you! Good start...

KorrallKrabba Tue 14-Jun-11 22:34:48

This place (self-catering) was brilliant, with lovely garden and play equipment. Highly recommend. A little out of town, but lovely walk along the stream

www.hayefarmholidays.com/page/page/1598765.htm

tribpot Tue 14-Jun-11 22:37:10

Might be easier to find somewhere a bit further along the coast, or inland, I will have a word with my mum tomorrow (she knows the area) to see what she recommends. Will you have a car with you? Where are you flying into?

jenpet Tue 14-Jun-11 23:05:03

Thank you both so much. tribpot We'll be sailing into Poole and will have a car. I feel like I've spent days doing nothing else but searching now!

tribpot Thu 16-Jun-11 10:55:08

Hi again - sorry, I forgot yesterday was my 'day off' from phoning my mum - her mum is very ill (or rather, very old) and so she has to go zipping back and forth between cities to see her in hospital and yesterday was a rare day off for her.

Anyway, she disagrees with my suggestion of looking outside Lyme because parking is such a mare (there is a park'n'ride scheme but she doesn't think it operates that early in the season). She suggests contacting:
- Lyme Bay Holidays, they have lots of properties and definitely take under 5s
- Royal Lion Hotel, they definitely take under 5s as lots of my nephews and nieces have stayed there as young ones
- the Tourist Information Office in Lyme, they're very helpful and will ring round for you.

If phone calls are difficult/expensive from France, I'm happy to call for you (I'm off sick at the mo so have a hectic schedule of cross-stitch and watching DVDs) - please PM me if you'd like.

jenpet Thu 16-Jun-11 12:56:36

tribpot that's fantastic, thank you for all your help, and thanks to your Mum too.
We've hopefully got somewhere booked - I think it may have been through Lyme Bay holidays coincidentally - as well as a "fossil walk" for DS1 - I will certainly give the Tourist Office a ring too. Our landline is on a fixed contract here, so it's fine for phone calls too, but thanks anyway.
Hope you're feeling better soon too.
Am incredibly excited now!
grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now