Talk

Advanced search

Devon cottages in Oct - please help can't decide

(7 Posts)
RachelCM Fri 10-Jun-11 14:27:17

Hi! We'd like to go to Devon in Oct and have been looking at places that have self catering cottages, an indoor pool, indoor soft play area and outdoor play area plus animals - to entertain my DS who'll be nearly 2. Previous threads have given me some great ideas but none of the places seem to have all the requirements we want - I'm worried about the weather so want plenty to entertain the lively little one! I thought Knowle Farm ticked all the boxes but DH says it's too near the A38 and has pylons overhead. So we settled on Gitcombe but it seems quite isolated and has no animals. So then it was Comtpon Pool but that doesn't have an indoor soft play. Ideally South Devon as it's closer to more attractions HOWEVER I'd really appreciate any of our views and recommendations before I go potty and we don't en up going anywhere! Oh yeas walking distance to a pub would just top it off!

mummymeister Fri 10-Jun-11 16:21:37

I think you have to decide what are the must haves and what are the would likes to narrow your search down otherwise you are really going to struggle to find something ticking all the boxes. have you had a look at premier cottages website. also child friendly cottages and all4 kids. We have used these and found them to be good. We go to Wringworthy cottages in Looe which is half an hour on from Plymouth. however they don't have the indoor pool but they do have some of the other things. not sure about pylons - would that really put you off? Do you have a budget? I will have a look at some places we have stayed before and try and send links if they are within what you want to spend. good luck.

RachelCM Fri 10-Jun-11 17:28:53

Thanks mummymeister. It's DH who has an issue with the pylons not me! We're fairly happy to spend up to £800 for a week but I guess the must have is the indoor pool and possibly indoor play area.

fireflies09 Mon 13-Jun-11 07:33:05

It's in North Cornwall, not Devon... but how about looking at Coombe Mill? Only a tiny bit further to travel (not sure where you're coming from to start with...) but it's on a farm, so has all the animals, indoor and outdoor play areas and not too far from childrens attractions (both in Cornwall and South Devon). Just an idea... www.coombemill.com

RachelCM Tue 14-Jun-11 07:20:35

Thanks fireflies09. We're coming from Cambridge so it's quite a trek hence another reason to stop at Devon. I'll have a look at Coombe Mill although the name rings a bell and I think it hasn't a pool but thanks for letting me know about it!

Diggsylovesherdog Tue 14-Jun-11 12:27:31

Have a look at Combrew Farm Cottages, in North Devon. Stayed there this year - FAB

RachelCM Thu 16-Jun-11 16:27:18

Thanks Diggsylovesherdog I shall do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now